// I love movies. I like the stories they tell. I like the characters. I like the way films make me feel. I like the cinematography. I like the bond between the movie and its music. This is why I want to share with you some of my favorite movies. I hope you'll enjoy the series. //
Grand Budapest Hotel - directed by Wes Anderson
What a delight this movies is! I guess it is the same with all the movies Wes Anderson makes. I always find myself wishing a print with almost each scene from his dreamy and nostalgic films.
- As with all Wes Anderson's movies, the visual aspect is one of its best features. Pastel colors, amazing scenery, colorful outfits and uniforms, nostalgic and romantic decor, all the detail-oriented props, everything in this movie is a visual treat.
- Mendl's Courtesan Au Chocolate - the fancy pastry created specially for this movie; not only does it look deliciously pastel, but you can actually make it yourself! Watch recipe instructions here.
- I often get the feeling that directors such as Wes Anderson simply love movies and create the most fun to watch stories in a way that you feel entertainment meets art and pop culture - a delight!
- The dialogue, and the whole movie come to think of it, is charmingly whimsical.
- The movies has it all - it is a comedy, but also a bit sad and with a decent dose of excitement.